Aromatherapy is the art and science of blending pure essential oils. Essential oils are the natural essences extracted from a variety of plant materials. These pure essential oils are said to influence the body, mind and spirit. They have been used for healing a variety of ailments and enhancing well-being for thousands of years. They stimulate our olfactory system, signaling a variety of powerful responses in the brain. Essential oils, the 'Life Force' of plants and flowers, help to heal, balance and enhance your whole being.
The effect of these aromas on our mind is immediate. When you inhale a scent, the aroma goes to the limbic system (your smell brain). It is here where memory and emotional responses are triggered.
So let's use this information to trigger a response on purpose, by using scent to set and strengthen your intention for the New Year. We are going to create an Aura Mist and use it in an intention-scenting ritual to fulfill this purpose.
Here's what you will need:
1. One 4 ounce bottle with a spray top
2. Essential oils
3. Spring, filtered or distilled water
You can use whatever scents you love, but here is a list of my favorite essential oils to choose from when creating this type of mist:
Lemon (Citrus limon) ~ purifying, rejuvenating, stability
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) ~ calming, balancing
Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) ~ self-confidence, acceptance, joy
Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides) ~ centering, grounding, inner wisdom
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) ~ self-empowerment, clarity
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) ~ vitality, direction
Pine (Pinus sylvestris) ~ inspiration, inner strength
Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) ~ self-assurance, letting go
Mandarin (Citrus nobilis) ~ emotional strength, motivation
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) ~ concentration, awareness
Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) ~ ablility to change, balance
Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) ~ positive energy, confidence, joy
Clove (Eugenia caryophyllata) ~ endurance, balanced emotions
Cardamon (Elettaria cardamomum) ~ caring, courage, willpower
I think this is a good list to get you started. You can also choose other essential oils that you feel drawn to.
How to make your Aura Mist:
1. Choose 3-4 essential oils
2. Put a total of 30-60 drops into the 4 ounce bottle (the amount you use will depend on whether you like a more subtle scent (30-45 drops) or a stronger scent (45-60 drops).
3. Fill the bottle to the top (leaving room to screw on the spray top) with either spring, filtered or distilled water. 4. Screw the cap on and shake gently.
Your Aura Mist is created! Let's now go through the ritual of linking your sacred scent to your intention.
1. Choose an intention that you would like to set for the new year.
2. Repeat it out loud or silently to yourself a few times.
3. Now hold your Aura mist to your heart and ask that this mist receive the energy of your intention. You don't need to know how it does this, just asking is enough and perfect.
4. When you are ready, repeat your intention to yourself and spray your Aura Mist at the same time all around you (closing your eyes and avoiding your face area) and inhale the scent as you say your intention.
5. Repeat this two more times.
By saying your intention as you inhale the scent, you are linking the two into your smell brain so that when you spray your aura mist in the future, it will trigger the memory of the intention you set.
Keep your Aura Mist close by and mist it around you daily to remember the intention you made and to strengthen your determination to fulfill it.
in-ten-tion 1: a determination to act in a certain way 2: PURPOSE, AIM
***Important Note: Consult your medical practitioner before using any essential oils if you have any medical conditions or concerns or if you are nursing or pregnant.
VedaSun empowers you to unleash your radiant inner being, and guides you to align this energy to your outer experiences to live your most vibrant life ever ~ a life of peace, joy and bliss ~ mixing in a little bit of fun along the way! Sign up for Gina's free report, Break~Out, Be~Free at http://www.VedaSun.com.