Pat White's Healthy Living Articles
Written by Pat White of Essential Body Pleasures
Dry skin is caused by a lack of production of sebum, or oil, which is the skins’ natural moisturizer. The lack of sebum decreases the skin’s ability to retain moisture, so dry skin is often dehydrated as well. Dry skin often appears delicate, with fine, small pores. It can develop unsightly flaky or ashy patches that can peel. Dry skin can be triggered by menopause or other hormonal changes. This type of skin needs a lot of moisturizers and protection.
- Bathe less often. Sometimes bathing every other day can alleviate dry skin.
- Use warm, not hot water in the shower or bath.
- Use mild cleansers instead of harsh, drying ‘detergent bars’.
- Use moisturizers regularly.
Natural Ingredients May Also Help
Look for products with the following ingredients, as they may help combat dry skin:
- Humectants – these ingredients attract moisture from the air, draw it to the skin and ‘lock’ the moisture into the skin. Examples of humectants include:
- Vegetable glycerin
- Honey – try making a simple honey facial mask once per week to gently exfoliate flaky skin while also moisturizing.
- Vegetable oils
Examples of vegetable oils that are beneficial to dry skin include:
- Avocado oil
- Rice Bran oil
- Argan oil
- Olive oil
- Rose Hip Seed oil
- Coconut oil
- Butters – these natural butters help to restore moisture deep into the skin and lay a protective barrier down on top of the skin to help moisture from escaping. Examples include:
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
- Essential Oils – these are essences taken from plants, flowers, roots, trees spices, citrus fruits, etc. Examples of essential oils used in formulas to combat dry skin include:
- Neroli (Orange Blossom)
- Chamomile (both Roman Chamomile and German Chamomile)
- Rose Otto
Though it can be difficult to find products that work effectively on dry skin, this article has provided a number of tips and natural ingredients to try in your efforts to combat ashy, flaky and dry skin. Reading the ingredient listing on products or making your own skin care products to include the ingredients listed above may be an easy way to use natural ingredients to bring about the desired change in your dry skin.
Pat White MSN PMh NP-BC
Make sure to visit Essential Body Pleasures - Skin Care Nature's Way
NOW SAVE $5 Plus Free Shipping!... Under $40 for 6 Amazing All-Natural Goodies!
Use Promo Code 'holiday5' for 1 Sampler - Use 'holiday10' for 2 (Discount on Samplers Only)
Each Sampler has a Retail Value of $112.45. Savings of $75!
Get Your Sampler today and see what all the Raves are about.
U.S. Residents Only - Limited Quantities Available - 2 Sampler Limit per Address
Get FREE Shipping by choosing the 'Free Shipping' Option during checkout.
Learn More- Get Yours
We're so Happy to Welcome Eldergods Organic Skin Care to the ANB Mall!
Eldergods is a Canadian company started by Makeup Artist, Susan Hayward. She formulated these exquisite products based on her own personal experience when applying makeup on Hollywood faces.
Eldergods is a lightweight luxury organic, vegan, raw skin care line comprised of multitasking products created by an Emmy nominated make-up artist. They offer an all-in-one eye make-up remover and cleanser, AHA toner, exfoliating mask, and 6 face and body moisturizers comprised of 4 unique scents. All of their products are alcohol-free and some of the products are also nut-free for those with allergies.
Make sure to visit the Eldergods website today and see these highly pure mists and moisturizers. Created by a Hollywood makeup artist for Hollywood Stars... and You.
Visit Eldergods at http://www.EldergodsInc.com
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next > End >>
Page 7 of 7